Monday, October 26, 2009

10 signs we will make it to the Smucker's jar!

If you are like me and watch the Today show as you cook breakfast, make your bed, and put on your makeup, then you know good ole' Willard Scott. He wears a different boutonniere everyday as he stumbles through his announcements of those lucky Americans that have made it to the ripe age of 100 or those that have beat the 50% odds of divorce and have conquered 5 decades of marriage. Those that make it to the infamous Smucker's jar get one sentence to share their wisdom with the world.

I know this may seem silly, but this one is going on our bucket list. That right ladies and gentlemen. We want to make it to the Smucker's jar. Maybe we can even be on it twice...once for making it to a solid 100 years of age and the other for being married over 75 years...That means we will have to make it to 105. For all you doubters...It can be done. My great grandfather lived to be 113. If we were the betting type which sometimes we are (Did I mention we love video Blackjack and penny poker?!), I would say the odds are stacked in our favor.

Here are 10 signs in our relationship that we will make it to the Smucker's jar. I even have pictures to prove it!

1. Being able to share _____. You can fill in the blank with anything on this one.





2. Conquering fears and troubles together





This is Jared confronting his fear of heights right in the face. This poster gave words of encouragement before we soared 1,200 feet over the Royal Gorge in Colorado.





Me and Donald were very supportive! Although now that I think about it...is making someone do something they are scared of supportive?! Hmmm! All I know is my mom always told me the best way to get over fear is to show it who is boss by just doing it! That is a motto I live by. Good thing he appreciates this about me!


3. Laughter and fun








4. Enjoying time together and apart











5. A method for conflict resolution and compromise





6. Letting go of anger





7. Working on projects together







This is one "before and after" picture of our first flip house.

Warning: Working on projects together requires tons of compromise!


8. Freedom to be yourself




I told you we loved video Blackjack! And whipped cream!





9. Having a good group of friends for support and fun!









10. God being the glue that holds us together!



2 comments:

  1. I got your saved the date today... SO CUTE! Can't wait until April 2010! :)

    Love the blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is random but I'm casting a TV show about house flippers and came across your blog.... do you guys still flip houses or was that a one-time thing?

    thanks

    bob
    bobasher@bigtablemedia.com

    ReplyDelete